RSS

Dishing it!

Photobucket



Did your family go on any trips this summer?
We went on a Nova Scotia road trip to the Cabot Trail!  Camping the whole way!  Beautiful province!  I would definitely go back!

Best new recipe you tried?
"Healthier" Pina Colada!
  • Box of Coconut Pineapple Juice
  • Ice
  • Rum
Put all in a blender.  Blend till smooth.  Enjoy on a hot summer day!


Most exciting thing you've done this summer?
We went on a sail boat ride Lunenburg N.S.  Here is a pic of my son driving the boat!

Coolest crafty thing you made or home decor thing you tried?
I have been planning on making a summer door wreath...I have all the supplies but just haven't found the time to create.   My poor naked door.


Best book or magazine issue you read?
I read this book to my son and we thoroughly enjoyed it! 


Coolest new (to you) blog you've found?
360 Lunch Boxes is the newest blog I have found.  360 days of homemade lunches!  Perfect for mom who need fresh ides for school lunches for the kids.

Favorite bargain or shopping find of the summer?
Our local surplus store!  I have been able to purchase all my kids school supplies for so cheap!  And some shoes for my now size women 11 daughters feet!  When do feet stop growing?  She is 12 years old!!!

Your best post of the summer was...?
Earthquake was my story of my first experience feeling an earthquake.

What's left on your summer to-do list?
Wreath, and so much more that may not get done. Just been to busy!

13 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

Hi. I'm visiting from Amanda's party. I've always wanted to go to Nova Scotia. My grandparents loved to vacation there. I'm about to check out your favorite new blog. I'm always looking for new lunch box ideas. Thanks for that! Love you post about the earthquake. I've never felt one before. I would've been terrified. I probably would've thought terrorist before ghost though.

Laura said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Your camping expedition looks like it was quite an adventure.

I so have to go look at that lunch blog. I get so tired of making lunches! I need inspiration!

Xazmin said...

Hi! Visiting from Amanda's. The trip sounds like it was beautiful AND fun! We LOVE camping!

I can't wait to check out the lunchbox blog! I'm always needing new ideas!

Paula@SweetPea said...

The Cabot Trail looks like a super cool place to vacation. I'll bet your kids had a ball.

I'm visiting from Amanda's party!

Emily said...

Hello there! I'm visiting from Amanda's Party...

I have always wanted to visit Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. How nice that you were able to take the whole family! I have to admit that I'm jealous, especially about the fact that you camped the whole way! Memories to cherish for a lifetime. :)

And don't worry about your daughter's feet. I wore a women's size 10 when I was 10 years old!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

ooh- I love pina coladas:) I'll have to try that recipe. visiting from Serenity Now.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi there! Nova Scotia???! How cool is that? :) Love the pina colada recipe---yum!!! The book cover you featured looks interesting. May have to give that one a try when my kids are a bit older.

Thanks so much for linking up with me! Hope you are having fun visiting around. :) Don't forget to swing by and leave me a comment too. ;)

coastal cavegirl said...

WOW...Novia Scotia looks amazing!! I'd love to visit a place like that someday! Thanks for the Pina Colada recipe ;) they are my fave!!

Stopping by from Amanda's Dishing It party!

Love the Decor! said...

In from Amanda's
Your camping trip looks wonderful. So pretty there.
I love pina coladas too : ) Definitely have to try this version. Have a nice evening and stop over for a visit sometime

Star Talks said...

Hi Angie!!! Thanks for stopping by! Nova Scotia looks beautiful. I would love you go someday. :)

Richella Parham said...

Hi there! I'm visiting from Amanda's party. So nice to meet you!

LOVE your photos of Nova Scotia! I've always wanted to visit there. I've been to New Brunswick, but never to any other maritime province. I'd so love to go--especially in the summertime! It's SO hot here in North Carolina!

Hope you're having a great day! Thanks for joining the party!

Dawn said...

oh, the pictures from your trip are beautiful! thanks for the tip on the lunch blog-have to check that out-i always feel like i'm packing the same things for my kids.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the shoutout. :)