My husband told me to lie. Just make things up he said. I can't lie! If you know me personally you would know I can't lie. So that is out of the question.
My friends reassured me that it would be fine and just to do it.
By Wednesday night I decided to go to the interview. And what happens will happen, and I will just do my best. I went shopping that night and bought 3 tops. I did find some nice slacks that fit me a little snug but looked fine on me.
Thursday morning a few short hours before my interview I finally got a call from my sister. We haven't been able to get each other on the phone in the past few days. I told her about the interview being a behavioral one. And she agreed with me that this kind of interview is "stupid". Sisters are great for agreeing with you! I love you sis! I had a whole sheet of sample behavoral interveiw questions. So I started asking her how she would answer them. She couldn't come up with answers either until I came to "Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it." and she said why don't you talk about getting your drivers licence. I laughed at her and said that was more than half my life ago silly. That is when the light bulb went on! BING Not all the questions have to be answered by work experience only! I can answer them with mommy experience!!!! I have 12 years of being a mommy! All of a sudden the questions didn't seem so hard to answer! I can do this!
- Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way. I do this all the time with the kids
- Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills. I am a mom stressful situations I have tons of experience with!
- Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem. Have you ever care for a toddler!
- Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it. Well ya, I was able to teach my daughter to tie her shoe!
- Tell me about a time when you had to use your presentation skills to influence someone's opinion. Have you ever fed a picky eater before? Making their meal look like a smiling head works wonders
- Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done. Yep, easy!
- Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks. This a daily occurrence.
- Give me an example of a time when you had to make a split second decision. To say yes or to say no to giving in to your childs want.
- What is your typical way of dealing with conflict? Give me an example.
I have multiple ways depending on the situation!
- Tell me about a difficult decision you've made in the last year.
Not to hard.
- Give me an example of when you showed initiative and took the lead. I'm the mom I always take the lead.
- Give me an example of a time when you motivated others. Motivations my middle name.
- Tell me about a time when you delegated a project effectively. A bit tougher but I could think of something..maybe when we decided to tackle the basement together as a family
- Give me an example of a time when you used your fact-finding skills to solve a problem. I read a ton of books to help with parenting!
- Tell me about a time when you missed an obvious solution to a problem. This happens I am just human
- Describe a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.
It my job as mom to anticipate problems!
- Tell me about a time when you were forced to make an unpopular decision. I make unpopular decisions all the time!